Saturday, July 26, 2008

Creativity and Change

For years, I feel as if I've been running hard to keep up with technology, and it has stayed three steps ahead of me. I used to use the excuse that I graduated from high school with a slide rule, and paid $100 for my first handheld calculator. That excuse doesn't connect so much anymore, because few people have seen a slide rule, and even fewer know what one is.

It occurred to me several years ago that the world I grew up in doesn't exist anymore. Once I came to that realization, I was able to relax, and enjoy this very novel and interesting journey called life.

There are tremendous tools in the marketplace with which to connect electronically, and I am learning what they are and how they work. Personally, I'm grateful that most of the staff is half my age, as they are totally attuned to how these things work, and patient enough to teach me.

This blog, for instance, is an interesting forum. The word blog still makes me think of being on the Georgia coast in the summer time, yet it's such a fascinating tool.

What's exciting is the opportunity to learn, and even more, the opportunity to deploy these tools in ways that are both good for business, and have a positive impact on the lives of others. That's a win I can get excited about!

Until next time...

Randy

No comments: